See you in Ushuaia!


So here it is. This journey has been sitting in my heart for a few years now, maybe it’s always been there, who knows!? The plan so far: get to Ushuaia. Then what? Ride our bikes north. That’s it.  Sit in the landscape and just be, meet people, cry because I’m exhausted or because the world is just too beautiful for my eyes. I’ll probably eat a lot and laugh way too much because Kelsey is amazingly hilarious! We’ve been plotting and scheming trips for years now and have always had to take what ever we could get, predominantly restricted by timeframes. Walks in the middle of winter, rides through the Kimberly during build up (not particularly pleasant but i’d highly recommend it ;)).
It kinda of started back in 2014, Ivy St, Mount Isa, QLD, Australia (the outback). Two gals, a couch and a love of bikes. Maps, lists, dates. Sure, this journey looked different, felt bigger at times and other times smaller, yet it’s still our dream. It holds the same space but shifts and moves continuously. Right now it feels big, really big.
So when there is this much fear woven into the excitement and curiosity, I often wonder what keeps me pushing past the point of no going back. Then I remember what being on my bike is like, that little world that can never be explained, only experienced. Then there’s also this part of me that fades when I’ve settled for too long, it’s the part that looks to the beauty in the world, in people and in myself. I guess that’s what keeps calling me back. Why I inevitably carve out another path that needs to be followed. It reminds me to trust myself, love all else and believe in the sublime. 
- Be x

Comments

  1. Be! Kelsey! Way to go! Go get those headwinds and those parts of your hearts and souls that fade here in town. Go go go! And then come back, please. :) Kels, I love you. Be, I love you because Kels loves you, and I can't wait to meet you some day!! Safe travels, and may the bike gods be with you, and may you meet all the perfect strangers. xoxo Anni, Bellingham

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment